Re: Newbie Having Much Trouble Getting Deb 2.4.18-bf2.4 To Work

Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
 Since my problems includes a
malfunctioning Mozilla mail client, Len Chatagnier

One non-Debian way to get a late model browser and mailer for woody is to download the tarball file for Linux from netscape.com. The downloader can download a small downloader that then downloads the pieces or download a larger tarball file that can install itself without a modem connection.

I had the program to install itself to /usr/local/netscape after enabling write permissions for my user account. The program copies with it the libraries necessary for it to run. That is not in the default command path so it takes a different syntax to start it. Of course you may prefer to be a purist and run what woody already has. You should be able to get that working.

--

(Mr.) Gayle Lee Fairless
Linux Gcomm 2.4.18-bf2.4 #1 Son Apr 14 09:53:28 CEST 2002 i686 unknown