Re: Remote X-Desktop

Stefan Fredriksson wrote:
I have a server without a monitor that I need to run X on.
I will need to run X programs on the machine and I want to be able to log on to the server from my desktop mashine. When I log in I want to be able to start X programs and have them running when I log off.

Well, the two answers you've gotten so far both ignore the fact that when you log off the programs end. The easiest (though not the only) solution in for you would be to use an Xvnc session which you'd attach to with a vnc client. This will let you start up programs and leave them running when you log out. Security will need to be figured out on your side.

The only other option that satisfies your requirements would be an xmove session. However I have no clue how those work even though I've been trying off and on to make them work for a while now. The documentation for xmove is pathetic.