Re: Newbie Having Much Trouble Getting Deb 2.4.18-bf2.4 To Work

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 01:45:33PM -0600, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> Thanks so much, that added enough clarity that I now know what was wrong.
> I'll read the manual.

You are welcome.  Also, please do not cc me. I read the lists. Please
browse through the Debian Mailing lists introduction, note especially
the Code of Conduct indicates some etiquette points, notably do not CC
unless requested. (I am sending you a copy in this particular case. I
hope this doesn't seem hypocritical :-P)

You can browse this here:

I notice others have commented on top-posting.  Although I don't recall
anything explicit about top/bottom posting for this list, it is my
observation that most on this list prefer bottom posting. (Not trying
to start a flame war here :-)

Again, if you are new to Debian and don't have a lot of files to save
(or if you have some spare hard drive space for playing around) I would
recommend you try the new installer.  It is not quite released yet, but
is in very good shape, last time I looked (certainly much better shape
than the Woody installer---many improvements have been made [cudos to
the installer team]).

You can download a 100M network install CD image from here:

(This is a few links off of the Getting Debian link on the main web
 site. Follow "Getting Debian" -> "downloading as you install"
 	-> "Minimal CD" )

--
Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.