Re: ASUS P5P800 Motherboard support

Syed Huq wrote:
I went to the local Fry's Electronics and the ASUS seems like a good
buy. I have not used an AMD before so don't have much experience.
Even if I go with a KV7 as you suggested, I still would like to know
if Debian would work on it.
The hit/miss is tough proposition. By the time I spend on CPU+DDR
Mem+MoBo, it is an expensive project.

Well, there you go. Hit and miss. I would like to know too if Debian works on the KV7, probably, if it worked on the KT7A. And you are right, it is expensive: ([OT] I find NewEgg on the net cheaper than local stuff. Depends where local is of course)

AMD xp 2700+ $103 (with fan and heatsink)
KV7 mobo $52.90
1 GHz DDR266 $137.50

Total from NewEgg: $293.40

No guarantee it will float. I would use the HDD's I have, CDRW I have and external serial modem I have.

I buy a case locally and use the present mobo in it and one of the HDD's + use a crossover cable to compare it with running Ruby, because I have 2 17" monitors w. kbds, mice and videocards.

I think that wiki would be a good idea. Just experiences.

H.

- Rathon