Recomended dual head video card

Hi all,

   for reasons I won't bother going into I'm about turn a server
machine into a workstation (and perhaps occasional game machine).

There are two nice 1280x1024 17 inch digital LCD displays available
(Mitsubishi RTD179S) [1], so I thought I'd go out and get myself a nice
dual head video card. But which to choose? My budget is fairly generous.

My machines motherboard has and AGP slot so I thought an AGP card would
be best.

I've had a bit of a look at the ATI web site and it seems that the
"FireGL Z1-128" [2] might suit me well.

I briefly looked into nvidia cards, but seem to remember there may be
some issues with drivers for 2.6 kernels.

I saw the nvidia vs ati thread a few days ago, but there seemed to be
little in the way of conclusions or specific reports of experiences
with cards. Anyone have anything to add?

Any insights would be much appreciated. This is the first time that I've
ever had to choose a video card.

Please note that I'm not scared of compiling kernels or running bleeding
edge software: I've been using 2.6 since the "pre" days and Debian
unstable for about 4 years.

TIA,

Nick.

[1] http://www.nmv.co.jp/mitsubishi/product/rdt179s/index.htm
[2] http://www.ati.com/products/workstation/fireglmatrix.html#agp

--
Debian 3.1
Linux twofish 2.6.8-looxt93c4 i686 GNU/Linux