Re: Recomended dual head video card

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004, Nick Hastings wrote:
> I've had a bit of a look at the ATI web site and it seems that the
> "FireGL Z1-128" [2] might suit me well.

Either that, or any nVidia card with dual outputs. You can have it dual-DVI
or DVI+VGA (the DVI port has the VGA signals as well, and the cards come
with an adaptor plug).

> I briefly looked into nvidia cards, but seem to remember there may be
> some issues with drivers for 2.6 kernels.

Not anymore.  And they are the fastest ones you will find. As long as you
don't mind relying on non-free drivers, because if you do, the FireGL *may*
be a much better choice (I don't know if it uses free drivers or not).

  Henrique Holschuh