Re: [OT] Video card recommendations.

On Friday 01 October 2004 07:28 pm, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
> Greetings list,

> I would like to hear what models and brands of nVidia
> cards the list members use and what their experiences
> with those have been.  My card is a Radeon 9000 Pro
> 128 MB that cost US$ 85 in July '03.  I am looking for
> something with comparable or better performance in the
> sub-$100 range.

I have zero experience with ATI. I have used 3 different nvidia cards, an
FX5200, a ti4400 and my new one is a Geforce6800GT which I got simply to play
doom3, which even run with cvscedega runs very well.
Other than the usual newbie problems figuring out how to install the drivers I
have had absolutely no problems.
Nvidia has a lot of cards that will fill the bill, I think the FX series are
now down in price.