Re: acpi errors

On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 13:42 +0000, michael wrote:
> Can anybody tell me if errors of the form
>
> 	Dec 31 12:54:47 localhost kernel:     ACPI-1133: *** Error: 	Method
> execution failed [\_SB_.PCI0._CRS] (Node f7ff5720), 	AE_NOT_EXIST
>
> are important or can I just ignore them (full dmesg errors below)? I'm
> running the 2.4.27-1-686-smp kernel from backports on 'testing' and
> these errors started today after I did an apt-get update/upgrade. I'm
> not sure what other info will be of use and couldn't find a solution to
> this on the web.
> Ta, michael

The message means that the acpi code couldn't find the firmware table.
Could hotplug be loading some acpi stuff that should be blacklisted? Is
your BIOS blacklisted? You should see some acpi related info when you're
booting up.

Was this kernel running fine (no messages) prior to the update?

--
Eric Gaumer <gaumerel@ecs.fullerton.edu>