Re: xcdroast

> I'm using the Kernel 2.6.8
> I do not have SCSI emulation configured for this because I was under the
>   impression that it was no longer required for the 2.6 kernel.

Hi,

Got the same problem. When recompiling my 2.6 for the first time, i
switched off SCSI emulation as it's said not to be needed any more.

But xcdroast still _does_ need SCSI emulation. If you take a look on
their site, you'll see :

"I had several reports that the last 2.6.x kernel broke CD-Writing
using the ATAPI driver. Don't update if you want to continue to use
X-CD-Roast, or switch back to SCSI-emulation."

So there's no other solution ! You still use scsi emulation, even with
2.6, or yuou take smthg else to burn your CD.

By the way, i post another question... What's the best way to burn
CD's under Linux ? xcdroast used to be a must, but doesn't seem to be
well maintained any more, does it ? Maybe it's still a must anyway ?

Another way to burn is to do this manually, on console line. Not the
easiest way, but a reliable one !
You can take a look at CD-Burning howto, it's not so difficult !

Good luck !

--
Marc Demlenne
GPG : 768FA483 (http://pgp.mit.edu)