Re: xdm modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-13

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 03:12:14PM -0500, jose isaias cabrera wrote:
> 1. How do I stop xdm from loading at boot?

Don't install it.

> 2. How do I fix this error message above?

 13 char        Input core
                  0 = /dev/input/js0    First joystick
                  1 = /dev/input/js1    Second joystick
                 32 = /dev/input/mouse0 First mouse
                 33 = /dev/input/mouse1 Second mouse
                 63 = /dev/input/mice   Unified mouse
                 64 = /dev/input/event0 First event queue
                 65 = /dev/input/event1 Second event queue

                Each device type has 5 bits (32 minors).

It would seem rather obvious that something is looking for a mouse.

--
 Marc Wilson |     WHO sees a BEACH BUNNY sobbing on a SHAG RUG?!
 msw@cox.net |