Re: xdm modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-13

2. How do I fix this error message above?

13 char        Input core
                 0 = /dev/input/js0    First joystick
                 1 = /dev/input/js1    Second joystick
                32 = /dev/input/mouse0 First mouse
                33 = /dev/input/mouse1 Second mouse
                63 = /dev/input/mice   Unified mouse
                64 = /dev/input/event0 First event queue
                65 = /dev/input/event1 Second event queue

               Each device type has 5 bits (32 minors).

It would seem rather obvious that something is looking for a mouse.

That maybe the case, (though, I don't think so) but I am able to login and click on the xdm login screen and move the mouse around... Perhaps, after the login, which is when the error happens, some application is looking for the mouse and can't find it. Nonetheless, if the starting xdm screen/window can see and use the mouse, shouldn't every other application called from within xdm also be able to recognize and utilize the mouse?

Let's stop this one here. I already uninstalled it. :-) But I am finding that kdm is, perhaps, having the same problem. I can't see the error, but after the login screen, the same sequence of events which xdm followed after the login are also being executed by kdm. Or is it kde?