Re: xdm modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-13

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 04:22:28PM -0500, Jeremy Melanson wrote:
> I would love to tell you to just uninstall XDM, but unfortunately, some
> X Windows components depend on the package (blah!).

No, there are no X components that depend on xdm:

rei $ sudo apt-get remove --purge xdm
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  xdm*
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 946kB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

As you can plainly see.

--
 Marc Wilson |     And so it was, later, As the miller told his tale,
 msw@cox.net |     That her face, at first just ghostly, Turned a whiter