Re: How to boot from Sarge CD#1 if BIOS does not support booting from CD

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 21:32 -0800, Syed Huq wrote:

> > If you're lacking space in /usr, how is booting from a Sarge CD going to
> > help? Are you planning on
> > wiping/repartitioning/resizingpartitions/reinstalling, or what?
> >

> Exactly yes. I just added a 2nd hard hard drive and I intend to wipe
> it all out/re-parition/re-install from scratch. This 2nd hard drive
> came from a Windows PC so need to do all that for space.
>
> I am not sure why booting from Sarge is so difficult.

Your system (a) won't boot from CD, and (b) does "not have a
floppy drive".

Don't blame Debian for your system's faults.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Revolution is not a dinner party, not an essay, nor a painting,
nor a piece of embroidery; it cannot be advanced softly,
gradually, carefully, considerately, respectfully, politely,
plainly, and modestly."
Mao Zedong