Re: Help with install

Bruce Smith wrote:

I downloaded the ISO images and burned them to CD. But I cannot boot from the CD, even though it is supported by my system BIOS. Also, when I burned the images, they copied exactly as the downloaded images, just an ISO image. Shouldn't there be individual files such as the kernel on the CD. If not, how can I create a bootable floppy disk so I can get Linux installed, and will that even work with the ISO images on the CDs?

Gotta get out away from Windoze,
Bruce Smith

You burned the file to CD rather than burning the image represented by the file to the CD. Your burning software (if it's half-decent or better) will have an option to burn the .ISO as an image rather than as a data file. You'll have to find that option and re-burn the CD.

--
Kent