Re: How can I make a kernel package that is _identical_ to those available for download?

Benjamin A'Lee wrote:

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 12:17:44PM +1000 or thereabouts, R G Cottrell wrote:
As far as I can tell, the latest testing kernel image for Pentium is:

   kernel-image-2.4.27-1-586tsc_2.4.27-6_i386.deb (11.5M)

What commands do I need to issue in order to generate a .deb that is
_identical_ to that?  I assume I have to use make-kpkg, and it probably
depends on the precise version of the compiler.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-kernel.en.html

I assume that works; I don't bother making a .deb package and just
compile it the non-Debian way.

Thanks Benjamin, I've just had a look at that. Maybe an incantation based on that will do the trick. It'll take a few hours to find out, and I'm not too hopeful. I've tried it the non-debian way as well, and using sources from all over. If anyone else has any more hints, please sing out.

Regards, Rossc.