Re: Problem with network after new kernel tryout

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:46:07 +0200 (EET), marko.helle@pp.nic.fi
<marko.helle@pp.nic.fi> wrote:
> But when I booted It didn't work:
> When I booted I got graphical login screen where I entered
> username and password, but right after that I got error
> saying something like:
> Xsession lasted less than 10 seconds, ~/xsession.log has been
> writen.
>
> :)Marko

I am curious to know what happened with X here. It would be
interesting to find out what is in the xsession.log file.

As to the broken interface, I would try it in another machine if you
have one available to you. Or you might try something like Knoppix or
some other bootable distro to see if those work. The broken-ness of
your OS's should probably not be used to see if you have broken your
card as you have just made some new kernels, and Windows XP is
naturally just broken. Failing that I might try another card.

--Jonathan