Re: [OT] Weather Monitoring?

* Darryl Clarke <smartssa@gmail.com> [2004 Dec 28 17:44 -0600]:
> Hi!
>
> This isn't really debian specific.
>
> Has anybody any experience with weather monitoring?
>
> I'm basically looking for some hardware to interface with my linux
> system and so on.
>
> Any pointers as to what kind of hardware there is out there that can
> hookup to a PC would be wonderful.
>
> Please reply off-list (unless others show interest too.)

I have the Peet Bros. Ultimeter 2000 that's been sitting in the box
since I bought it in '01.  I suppose I ought to hook it up, in fact
that idea did cross my mind today.  Anyway, it is supposed to have
RS-232 capability and, as I recall, the data format is open so a
retrieval script should be near trivial.

There are several others out there.  At least the gentleman at Peet
told me that the sensors would always be supported by the base unit.

HTH,

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of