Re: Linux Functionality?

With more than 90 percent of the desktop market, we cannot realistically expect Windows to vanish in the face of Linux. That being the reality, creating a more secure computing environment cannot be accomplished through abandonment -- 'security through obscurity.' Instead, we see that education is improving security for Windows users -- and if any group has had up-close experience with security issues, it has been Windows users. We see the common use of free security tools, such as AntiVir Guard (antivirus), Zonealarm firewalls, anti-spyware and adware tools. We also see the trend toward open-source applications, such as Firefox and Thunderbird to plug the most common security risks.

Ed

Tom Allison wrote:

While some things are easy in windows, some things are much easier in linux or at least much more stable in linux. In less than a year the windows box slowed down to a crawl. No software changes other than patches. Added memory ($$) and not much changed. Then they decided to remove the virus' and spyware. That helped but it's still pretty messed up. It's not my computer, it's my ex's. But she's doing everything that everyone else is doing. Helping the economy of taiwan by buying memory and then helping some other national economy by buying spyware removers.