Re: PVR recomendations?

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, jeff elkins wrote:

> I recently acquired a 60 inch LCD HDTV system, which has vga input - great for
> games and such, but living where I live OTA HDTV is not happening! It's HDTV
> via DISH-TV or DirecTV or none at all. My understanding is that MythTV and
> other linux-based systems only capture over-the-air HDTV -- no cable or dish.

that'd depend on your tv capture card
	- you should be able to feed your cable into your card
	and get ntsc or svga or svideo or rgb (best)

most cards after Dec 31, 2004 will no longer be legally able to
record hdtv signals ( silly broadcast flag by the broadcast industry )

- you have 3 days to go out and buy the tv cards ( in the usa ) that can
  record tv or hdtv off the air or off the cable

	- mythtv, ati-wonder, happauge, ..

	http://hdtv-cd.net/HW/

c ya
alvin