Re: Linux Functionality?

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 14:42 -0500, dorn hetzel wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 01:23:09PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 08:14 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
[snip]

> Of course, the keypunch was the true first object oriented
> programming tool :)  I had tons of reusable code objects,
> wrapped in rubberbands, filed in cabinets :)  Fortran made it
> nice and easy to re-tool the subroutine statements for
> different uses...

Back when I first started reading about OOP in Computer Language
magazine, I remember thinking, "but They said that procedural
design and programming was supposed to enable code reuse..."

> Eeek!  guess that dates me ...

Well yes, it does...

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines