Re: Linux Functionality?

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 01:23:09PM -0600, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 08:14 -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
>
> Acoustic or direct connect?  I remember thinking what hot shit I
> was because I didn't have to jam a headset into an acoustic modem
> like a lot of other people did.

hey, it was cool just to be able to use the computer from some
place *else*.  really, any place else, even if it was with
a 110 baud acoustic modem and a clatter-banger drumhead teletype.
At least it was freedom from the keypunch room full of 026's.

Of course, the keypunch was the true first object oriented
programming tool :)  I had tons of reusable code objects,
wrapped in rubberbands, filed in cabinets :)  Fortran made it
nice and easy to re-tool the subroutine statements for
different uses...

Eeek!  guess that dates me ...

-Dorn