Re: 2 GB RAM support in woody

May it an opportunity to migrate to Sarge.
Any how Sarge is on the egde to be the stable version.

hth,
Jerome

saravanan ganapathy wrote:
I googled and couldn't find the .deb kernel package
which supports highmem( its available in testing
version only) So I think I need to use the latest 2.4.x kernel from
kernel.org. If I am using debian kernel packages, then
I can get security updates from debian. Is kernel.org provides security updates? If so , how
to apply the updates without disturbing applications
running on a production server?
Please suggest me

Sarav

--- Jonathan Lassoff <jlassoff@gmail.com> wrote:

You need a kernel that supports large amounts of
RAM. You could get
the sources and compile it yourself which can take
some time, but I
personally found very easy to do. I would think that
there is a .deb
package of a kernel with this support as well, but I
don't know that
much about apt. Perhaps do: "apt-cache search
kernel" and see if
anything jumps out at you.

I'd be happy to help you compile your own kernel.

--Jonathan

On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 23:06:39 -0800 (PST), saravanan
ganapathy
<sarav_gsa@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hai,
 I installed woody on my dual processor,2 GB RAM
server. I have enabled smp support by installing
kernel-image-2.4.18-smp. Now it shows dual

processor.

But the os detects my RAM as 900 MB only. How do I
enable the os to detect actual RAM(2 GB)?

Please help me

Sarav