Re: Linux Functionality? (OT)

On Monday 27 December 2004 07:12 pm, Alex Malinovich wrote:

> What's amusing is that I've taken 30 from here to the east coast
> before, but no further west than Illinois. Though I am hoping to move
> to either Oregon or Washington at some point in '05 so when I do I
> guess I can just hop on good ol' 30 and start driving.

Yup, basically.  When you get in Oregon, following I-84 will be faster
(particularly since I-84 is among Oregon's first 70 MPH roads if you go
out far enough) though US-30 will be worth it if you want some
sightseeing along the way.  Once you hit Portland, stay on I-84 and hit
the AAA at US-26 (Clay and Market streets) and Broadway in downtown
Portland and get yourself a map.  This region has a tendency towards
left- and even some middle-exits and it's good to know what you need
ahead of time, since the exit lanes will *not* be intuitive unless it's
what you grew up with.

(Though from California, I advise getting on I-5 southbound at the first
possible exit before the Oregon state line)

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org