Re: OT: Re: Why do people use 1280x1024? (was Re: custom gdm screen resolution? [SOLVED - work around])

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 13:55 -0600, Kent West wrote:
> Daniel B. wrote:
--snip--
> > You young whippersnappers are using modeline _generators_?
> > Back in the good old days I calculated modeline values by hand.
> >
> You had hands?! Luxury! We had to do it in our heads. And we enjoyed it!

And I suppose you had a house to live in while you were doing it then,
did you?

You were lucky. We lived for three months in a paper bag in a septic
tank. We used to have to get up at six in the morning, clean the paper
bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down t' mill, fourteen hours
a day, week-in week-out, for sixpence a week, and when we got home our
Dad would thrash us to sleep wi' his belt.

And we were thankful!
--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837