OT: Re: Why do people use 1280x1024? (was Re: custom gdm screen resolution? [SOLVED - work around])

Daniel B. wrote:

Rogério Brito wrote:

For that very reason I'm using 1280x960 at 86Hz of refresh rate for quite some time (thanks to the Colas Modeline Generator [*] for generating good
modelines for that).

[*] http://koala.ilog.fr/cgi-bin/nph-colas-modelines

You young whippersnappers are using modeline _generators_?
Back in the good old days I calculated modeline values by hand.

You had hands?! Luxury! We had to do it in our heads. And we enjoyed it!

--
Kent