Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

Hi List,

Ever since I did a dist-upgrade a couple of weeks ago to get gnome 2.8
on my 'testing' box my syslog is filled with:

Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

Now, this is because of gnome's volume manager checking each of my
cdrom/dvd drives at regular intervals in order to auto-mount them.
That's fine.

Can I surpress this warning?  It floods my dmesg output and my console.

Thanks!

--
Darryl
smartssa@gmail.com