Re: Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive.

On Mon, 2004-12-27 at 12:42 -0500, Darryl Clarke wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> Ever since I did a dist-upgrade a couple of weeks ago to get gnome 2.8
> on my 'testing' box my syslog is filled with:
>
> Device not ready.  Make sure there is a disc in the drive.
>
> Now, this is because of gnome's volume manager checking each of my
> cdrom/dvd drives at regular intervals in order to auto-mount them.
> That's fine.
>
> Can I surpress this warning?  It floods my dmesg output and my console.

Interesting.  I'm also running 2.8 w/ g-v-m, but such messages
don't happen on my system.

Are you running autofs, or maybe there's a spurious "--verbose"
somewhere?

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Americans hate foreign policy because Americans hate foreigners,
because they *are* foreigners, and came to this country to get
away from the bad things."
P.J. O'rourke, 2004-06-25, Fox News Channel