Re: Alternate OSes based on Debian

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 12:37 +0100, Mauro Darida wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 at 14:10:33 +0000, Greg Folkert wrote:
> >
> > One word: Ubuntu
> >
> > www.ubuntulinux.org
> >
> > You could do that with Debian, but why not just use something that is
> > geared for Humans, that is based on Total Technical Geekness - Debian.
> >
> The folks there should change the name: I would never use a thing named
> _ubuntu_. Btw, Hurd is a name as horrible as ubuntu.

Those Mandrake stars and magic wand are pretty fruity, too.

When I am Emperor Of All The Earth, I'll consult you about distro
name changes.  Until then, lay off.  If you, as a non-African,
think that an African name is stupid, keep it to yourself.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

Has there ever been a war between two democracies?