Re: PPP ip-up and firestarter

On Sat, Dec 25, 2004 at 06:04:01AM -0800, Jedi Knight wrote:
> Anyway, whenever I get connected to my ISP, I get the
> message that the ip-up script has started and a little
> while later, that it has finished. However, If I check
> iptables -L, there's no rules at all.

For starters, I'd change /etc/init.d/firestarter so that right at the
start, it creates a file or something so that you can check whether it's
really running or not.  If it is, try the #!/bin/bash -x option to trace
what it's doing.  If it isn't, try the same debugging technique on the
script that is supposed to be invoking firestarter.