resolvconf + pdnsd on a laptop

Hello (and happy holidays!),

I had a question about setting up dns caching on my laptop running
sarge.  I'm sure this has been discussed before but googling hasn't
turned up any clear explanations.  I've RTFM'd and was confused by the
myriad of options.  Thus, I'd be grateful for any advice.

Like many people, I network my laptop in different ways.  I therefore
have set up the following /etc/network/interfaces file:

iface eth0-inria inet static
        address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        netmask xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        network xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        broadcast xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        dns-nameservers xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        dns-search inria.fr

iface eth0-dhcp inet dhcp

and installed the resolvconf package.  Thus I can type

  ifup eth0=eth0-inria

or

  ifup eth0=eth0-dhcp

to switch environments.  In both cases, the new dns information
(either from the dns-nameservers line or from dhclient) gets handed to
resolvconf which puts it in /etc/resolvconf/run/resolv.conf, and thus
/etc/resolv.conf (which is a symlink).  Cool.

Now I want to use pdnsd to cache dns queries.  To do this, I need to

* keep my /etc/resolv.conf constant (nameserver 127.0.0.1);

* and get resolvconf to push changes directly to pdnsd (by calling
  pdnsd-ctl).

How do I do this?

Many thanks for any suggestions.

-James Leifer