Linspire -> Devian ?

I just bought a rather nice little box today foe $199. I bought it to
give to a middle school age youngster. The box cam with Linspire (AKA
Lindows) preloaded on it. Desktop looks rather nice, but it's shy of
applications. I intend to lad various tings likee Open Office on it.

Linspire appears to be Debian derived, and the /etc/debian_version syas
yesting/unstable. There are alos commented out lines in
/etc/apt/sources.

Would I be beter off wiping and doing a complet reinstall, or perhaps
doing an apt-ge dist-upgrade?

BTW it's linspire 4.5 if that matters.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin