Re: Linspire -> Devian ?

On Fri, Dec 24, 2004 at 11:56:16PM -0500, stan wrote:
> Would I be beter off wiping and doing a complet reinstall, or perhaps
> doing an apt-ge dist-upgrade?

My opinion is that you would be better off with Debian Sarge or Ubuntu.
If the end-user of the computer is not very experienced, try Ubuntu.

I highly doubt that apt-get will be able to upgrade the box to use
Debian instead of Lindows.  Debian derived distros are usually not
sufficiently close to Debian for this to work.  It might be possible
with a lot of help, but it would be much easier to reinstall and you'll
have to download all the packages again anyway.