Re: Script to build system information. Guru needed :)

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 02:13:43PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> There's also a Debian package, IIRC 'si', which gleans data out of /proc
> and other sources.

There's a package called "hardinfo", is that what you meant?

Karsten's script is available at Rick Moan's very helpful linuxmafia
site, which has a great linux knowledgebase too.

  http://www.linuxmafia.com/pub/hardware/system-info
  http://www.linuxmafia.com/kb/

Apropos of nothing, can I recommend anyone who doesn't already use
"wondershaper" to check it out (it's in debian).  Wondershaper is a
fantastic traffic shaping script for making your network connection much
more responsive, you can use ssh or browse the web while uploading and
downloading and it's still responsive.  I don't know how I lived without
it :)