Script to build system information. Guru needed :)

Slowly building my "disaster assurance" strategy on top of the file backups.

Amongst other things I want to periodically run a shell script that would build a file with useful information. Here it is:

lsmod
lspci
dpkg --get-selections
sudo fdisk -l /dev/hda
df
uname -a

Now the questions:

1) Other useful commands I am not thinking about ?
2) I would like to redirect the output to a file called with the catenation of 'uname -n'.'uname -r'.config.YYYYMMDDHHMM.txt where YYYYMMDDHHMM is a timestamp of the command execution time. How do I obtain such value ? How do I create the required backticks on my laptop keyboard (no separate numpad) 3) If I use cron to run this everyday, being this a laptop client, will the due command be executed if it's natural time has expired ?
4) What is the easiest way to keep the last N versions of such files ?

TIA,
Bob