Re: no konsole text with kernel 2.6.8

> I notice the blank screen (with vertical lines) occurs after the line :
> "Calculating modules dependencies" during the boot process ...
> I use vga=ask in lilo.conf but this change only affect the text mode
> before
> the switch (blank screen) after "Calculating modules dependencies"
> And yes, i get the file /boot/config-2.6.9-1-k7 from
> kernel-image-2.6.9-1-k7

well as I said.. this happened to me a couple of weeks ago when I
switched to Debian.  Most other distros ship with graphical console
enabled so I assumed Debian would as well. Booting with vesa=791 and a
kernel that has g-console disabled gives pretty much the same result you
are reporting. Or did you specify one of the graphic card-specific fb
drivers.. ati, matrox, etc... instead of vesafb..? In this event is the
driver built into the kernel or is it built as a module..? Another
possibility is that the 2.6 version of the driver does not support your
graphic card.. or not at the particular resolution you requested..? For
one, I am stuck w/ a 2.4 kernel because the ati driver does not support
my old mach64 at 1400x1050 as yet.. But then for all I know you're
booting into plain old vga.. and the above is irrelevant..? I've played
with frame buffer consoles fairly recently, so if you provide more
details there's always an outside chance that I - or someone else.. may
come up with a bright idea..

Chers,
Chris.
--