cyrus-sasl source install for postfix... did it work?

Hey everybody,

I just did a source install of the cyrus-sasl source package, I followed the instructions on the Debian manual pages (http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-pkg_basics.en.html#s- sourcepkgs), I didn't get any errors or anything but when I reload postfix is doesn't list any auth options when I do a ehlo over telnet. Do I need to recompile postfix? How can I do this? When I run saslauthd the command is not found... how can I make sure that the sasl package is working and working with postfix? Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Thank you all in advance!

Charles Read