Re: creating a c: filename

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 05:57:35PM +0100, Bob Alexander wrote:
> Paul E Condon wrote:
> >mkdir c:
> >
> >also works for me. Some console messages are a bit tricky to interpret,
> >but directory is named as you wish without any quoting.
> >
> Paul,
> the problem was that I tried creating the c: file on a FAT32 filesystem.
> On ext2/3 etc it works fine.

The fact that mkdir c: works for ext3 (which is what I have) and not for
fat32 leads me to believe that there is a rule against colon in file name
that is part of the fat32 standard and is being enforced by the fat32
implementation. I am not optimistic about you finding what you are looking
for, but I wish you luck.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net