Re: creating a c: filename

Paul E Condon wrote:
The fact that mkdir c: works for ext3 (which is what I have) and not for
fat32 leads me to believe that there is a rule against colon in file name
that is part of the fat32 standard and is being enforced by the fat32 implementation. I am not optimistic about you finding what you are looking
for, but I wish you luck.

Sorry for not being more clear Paul. Yes, the colon is illegal on FAT32 and therefore Linux FAT32 filesystem driver will correctly prohibit it's use.

Thank you,
Bob