Re: mastering the console & gpm mouse management

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 04:01:58PM +0100, vincent.tournebise@free.fr wrote:
> Thanks to the General Purpose Mouse daemon I have a funny square
> hanging around the screen which seems to respond my mouse's
> moves. But what can I do with it ?

Usually it works as follows. At least that's how it works at my
system:

Select text with your left mouse button. Press the right mouse button
to paste it on the command line or Emacs or wherever your are. In the
X environment pasting can usually be done my clicking left and right
simultaneously.

I'll demonstrate by selecting and pasting some text from the gpm
manual... :)

  To select text press the left mouse button and drag the mouse.  To
paste text in the same or another console, press the middle button.
The right button is used to extend the selection, like in `xterm'.

  Two-button mice use the right button to paste text.

Public GnuPG key: keyserver.net ID 0x1735C5C2
"Let your advance worrying become advance thinking and planning."
 - Winston Churchill