Re: Sarge with an Ensoniq Soundscape Elite ISA sound card

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 21:45:26 -0500
Etienne Fontaine-Lavoie wrote:

> Adam Aube wrote:Etienne Fontaine-Lavoie wrote:
>
>   I already used the alsaconf tools.  It says "No supported PnP or PCI
> card found. Would you like to probe legacy ISA sound cards/chips?"  I
> answer yes and then it starts probing for ISA card.  It didn't find any.
>
> That was the only suggestion I had.
>
> What kernel are you using?
>
> Adam
>

>    I use kernel 2.6.7-1-686.  The card is not detected.  I should be
>    able to tell the sound driver what is my hardware.
>
> I'm clueless.

Hi.  If you can, please configure your mail client to use '>' or something
like that as its "quote character," like is done in this message.  It's
hard to tell in your posts what you wrote and what other people wrote.
Also, you're sending your email out with a "Reply-To:" header with your
email address in it.  If someone on the list is replying to a message of
yours, and they're not careful, the reply will go directly to you rather
than to the list.  That's not so good; you might wanna change that.

As for your problem, I'm not using a 2.6.x kernel right now, so I dunno if
2.6 kernels necessarily still work this way.  But I at one time had a
motherboard with onboard ISA sound, and to configure it to where the
drivers could find it (including providing IRQs etc.) I had to use the ISA
configuration tools that you find in the isapnptools package.  You haven't
mentioned that, so you may want to look at it, and at its documentation.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)