Re: Re: Sarge with an Ensoniq Soundscape Elite ISA sound card

> De: Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk>
> Date: 2004/12/28 mar. AM 12:14:14 GMT-05:00
> À: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Objet: Re: Sarge with an Ensoniq Soundscape Elite ISA sound card
>
> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 01:10:08 +0100, Etienne Fontaine-Lavoie wrote:
> > I still have alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No
> > such device when I run Alsamixer.  And I don't have any /dev/dsp of
> > mixer or sequencer.  They were there a few days ago but something
> > happened (?).
>

> Are the required sound device files all there?
>
> If you use devfs or udev then the devices will be created automatically.
> If not then you may need to run /usr/share/alsa-base/snddevices.
>
> --
> Thomas Hood
>

> --

I use devfs.  Here's what dmesg says after boot:

devfs: 2004-01-31 Richard Gooch (rgooch@atnf.csiro.au)
devfs: boot_options: 0x0

But during boot, it says it didn't find any device and devfs will be shutdown (or something like that).  I used /usr/share/alsa-base/snddevices and the devices were created but alsamixer still gives me the same message: Saving the mixer setup used for this in /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.
/usr/sbin/alsactl: save_state:1061: No soundcards found...

I think the problem is that I use module-assistant to rebuild the alsa-module and it took the debian package instead of using the original source from Alsa.  I will have to read more about make-mpkg to build alsa module without debian package.  Is it possible to use module-assisant to do so by copying the alsa files in the right place?

Also, I've notice that when I run alsaconf, it detects a soundblaster audigy LS and what I have installed is a Soundblaster Live! 24 bits.  I thought the Live! needed the emu10k1 driver but alsaconf install the snd-audigy driver instead.  Should I try to change that in the config files?

Finally, since it's not about the Soundscape Elite card anymore, should I make a new thread?

Thanks.