Re: What files in /etc must be writable?

Sam Watkins wrote:
You can find out which /etc files are touched during boot by taking a
look at the `date`, then booting, then typing:

	ls -ltc /etc | less

    Wouldn't this be better?

find /etc -mmin -5 | less

ls -ltc presumes all the modified files are in the top level of etc. Find with a -mmin argument will find any files modified even in subdirectories.