Re: configuring Mozilla to recognise .php files

On Monday 20 December 2004 7:36 am, Rob Clack wrote:
> I'm trying to learn php and have written the first script from the
> book I've bought, but when I try to open it with Mozilla (1.7.3 under
> Debian linux) it doesn't recognise the .php extension so prompts for
> the application to use to open the file.

Only Internet Explorer is dumb enough to attempt to identify file type
by extension, everybody else uses Mime Type sent by the server.  Double
check the PHP documentation on what you need to do to your web server
for it to work right.

--
Paul Johnson
baloo@ursine.dyndns.org