Re: Thunderbird style search in Firefox

On Fri, Dec 17, 2004 at 07:47:06PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> Ralph Katz wrote:
> >I learned the answer earlier from this list:
> >http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2004/10/msg03534.html
>
>     Fat lot that does those of us using KDE.  Pft.  This whole "must run
> Gnome to configure" crap is starting to really piss me off.  At least KDE
> apps have the courtesy of allowing one to configure their shortcuts in the
> app.

Huh?  Did I miss something?

From ~/.gtkrc-2.0:

# allow ctrl-u to work in text boxes
binding "my-text-entry" {
  bind "<ctrl>u" { "delete-from-cursor" (paragraphs, -1) }
}
class "GtkEntry" binding "my-text-entry"

# and in text views
binding "my-text-view" {
  bind "u" { "delete-from-cursor" (paragraphs, 1) }
}
class "GtkTextView" binding "my-text-view"

# allow the user to change accelerators
gtk-can-change-accels = 1

It's not like it's rocket science, guys.  If you don't want to use g-c-c (I
certainly don't), then set things the way you want them to be yourself.

Of course, I would never use crapfox either, but this solves the problem
for *all* GTK applications.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Just go ahead and write your own multitasking
 msw@cox.net |     multiuser os!  Worked for me all the times.  --