Re: Ctrl+U in Firefox location bar

[KS] wrote:
Hello all,

I have noticed this behaviour in Firefox recently. When the cursor is in the location bar and I press "Ctrl+U" to delete the text, Firefox opens the "View Source" window. This is annoying as it changes a basic linux shortcut's functionality.

Well, that depends on what you think is `basic linux shortcut functionality'. But yes, I'm used to using the emacs-like shortcuts, and it annoyed me too.

To fix (in firefox and all/many? other gnome apps), eighter run
gnome-keybinding-properties from the shell and set
`text editing shortcuts' to "Emacs", or do the same in
Applications->DesctopPreferences->KeyboardShortcuts from the Gnome menu.

--
Groetjes
joostje