LILO HANGS-Linux Nor Windows Wont Bootup

After several apt-get updates, upgrades and pkg-upgrades Lilo hangs and wont boot.  The Lilo screen comes up clean and starts with LI and a blinking cursor and that's it.  My linux boot disk wont boot either saying to use another disk.  Windows boot disc wont work either, just hangs in the floppy drive.  Before rebooting when the problem occurred, I checked out Mozilla browser and email client and everything worked ok.  Appreciate any help to get system booted again.  Please email reply to lenc@ruralcomm.com as I am not subscribed.

Thanks for your help,

Len Chatagnier