Re: LILO HANGS-Linux Nor Windows Wont Bootup

Hi Leonard

I do not know if anyone has helped you but you can use
the rescue CD(CD1 I think) from debian and pass as an
argument  "root=/dev/hdx" when prompt   where hdx is
your disk / partition (read the help otherwise of the
CD when booting by pressing f3).
This will boot with the lastest installed kernel or
2.4.18bf (I left it just in case)

Sounds like your lilo on the MBR is corrupted and will
need to rerun lilo again (check configuration as well
like initrd option...)

The other choice to boot windows (XP or 2K)
you can use the CD of windows and in some of the
installation menu you can somehow format the MBR so
that lilo is erase and this will allow windows to
reboot as it is not using the MBR and the next disk
segment will boot you windows. But then you will still
have to us the rescue disk to reboot your linux

Cheers

Manu