From: Jeremy T. Bouse [mailto:jbouse@debian.org]
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2004 1:19 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Debian and Dell?

	The only problem I can report with Dell will probably have
nothing to affect you at all. My Dell experience has been with the
PowerEdge servers which I've recently found an issue with GRUB
installation from the boot CD when writing to a RAID5 array.

	Anyone else working with a RAID array trying to install GRUB I'd
appreciate any input. Problem I'm seeing is grub-install tries to 'dump'
the files back from the /boot partition which may not be cached down to
the array yet thus errors out. I'm currently testing a RedHat 9.0
install with GRUB to see if I have the same problem as Dell supports
RedHat but not Debian.

	Regards,
	Jeremy