Re: cdrom ownership being reset to root:disk upon reboot

Apparently, _H. S._, on 15/12/04 20:57,typed:
Apparently, _Thomas Adam_, on 15/12/04 19:42,typed:

 --- "H. S." <greatexcalibur@yahoo.com> wrote:

If I change their permissions to root:cdrom and reboot, the permissions again are set to root:disk.

Remove 'discover'.

-- Thomas Adam

Did that. Removed:
libdiscover2, discover, discover-data.

This had no effect at all, the behaviour is same as before. For some weird reason, my networking is now down.

->HS

Reinstalled the above three packages. Networking is now again up. I guess some of the modules may not have been loaded without discover.

->HS