Re: scary mmap output in syslog ....

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Walter Tautz wrote:
> Bad page state at prep_new_page (in process 'cron_idreg', page c19a29c8)

I haven't read the other messages, so please excuse me if I am repeating
what others already said.

Test your memory using memtest86+ for at least 24h, immediately.  If you
have applied any weird patches to your kernel, start from scratch and make
sure the patches are well applied, and not buggy.

And after you fix those, force a filesystem check on ALL filesystems.  If
using stuff like xfs, run xfs_repair on them.

  Henrique Holschuh